Finding your voice online is a really daunting process for most solopreneurs.
We all possess unique talents and gifts which we want to share with the world.
If you are online because you want to grow your business you need to make sure your voice is heard.
Many tell me that they know they’d shine if they could just speak to their potential clients face to face but fall short in trying to use that voice online.
Now, if you are wanting to blog for your business then this is for you!
Finding your voice online is quite a long process but it doesn’t have to be a painful one.
Here are some tips on how to find your voice online.
1. Get absolutely clear on WHY you are online.
- What is your online goal? Do you want to attract clients? Or have fun?
- What do you offer? Are your products and/or services clear in YOUR mind?
- Who do you serve? Do you have person in mind who would be your ideal client?
- Are you providing a solution or serving a delight? In other words, do you want to blog for dough, or for show?
2. Get clear on who YOU are!
- What do you stand for? Write a mini manifesto about what you and your business represents.
- Look in the mirror. Are you being true to yourself when it comes to communicating what you do? Are you different with your clients than you are with your friends and family?
- Bridge the gap between the professional and personal YOU. I’m not saying be uber revelatory but look at the way you can infuse the real you in to your business (I am the same on and offline)
- If any of your products and/or services make you feel blah ditch them, or tweak them.
Once you’ve done these 2 steps you can go on to the next steps.
3. Enjoy social media
- Yes, enjoy it. There are no rules as to which social media channel you should be on.
- Explore at your leisure. But don’t spend hours on it.
- Butt into conversations if that’s your style.
- Chat and LISTEN.
- Review the way you interact with others. Are you using your voice? You probably are.
4. How to find your voice on your blog/website
- Be clear that your site is YOURS. This is your home, your shop, your baby. Write what you want.
- It’s your site, your rules. If someone doesn’t like it I can assure you there will be 10 others who will love it.
- Don’t think of the masses in mind when you write. Keep one person in mind when you write, write to them.
- Write like no one is ever going to read what you’ve written. It’s like singing in the shower, you feel like a rock star because no one is watching, the minute you have an audience you’d probably go silent. Write like that!
- Use the words and examples you’d use in real life. If you use slang then use it.
- Write for you. Write informative, actionable information to attract clients.
Remember, finding your voice online is critical.
You have seconds to make a lasting impression.
Think about these important questions you should always keep in the back of your mind:
- How can I dazzle you?
- How can I keep you forever?
The way to achieve this is all in the steps above.
What are the benefits to finding your voice online?
- You qualify your clients before they even contact you because they know what to expect.
- You set yourself apart from any competition you think you may have.
- Relationships are stronger because they get a real sense that they know who you are.
If you need help finding your voice online get in touch.
Loved this? Comment, love, share, SUBSCRIBE (Bright pink box below)!!!!
Hated this? (seriously?) Let me know why!