Figuring out how to sell without being salesy or pushy is a huge challenge for a lot of us.
Most people fall into two camps when it comes to selling – super pushy or super shy.
Whilst I find the super pushy style of selling really off putting it has to work as so many do it.
Now, since you are reading this you’re probably looking for some tips on how to make that sale without feeling like a sleazy secondhand car dealer who’s trying to sell you a piece of crap for mega bucks.
Here are my top tips on how to sell without being salesy.
1. Make sure it’s clear you have something to sell.
This is a huge problem online. I have reviewed dozens of sites who fail in a few areas:
- It’s unclear what the site offers.
- Products and/or services are buried deep into the site and hard to find.
- There are too many products and/or services on offer.
- Blog content is unfocussed and off topic.
- It’s not clear if it’s a blog for show, or for dough.
2. Be demonstrative of how your business can help others
A blog is a powerful business tool for you to get your message across.
You don’t have to give away tonnes of ebooks or samples for free to show people how you can help them.
- Write simple, useful articles demonstrating aspects of your business and how you help others. (you can also create simple how to videos)
- Include good testimonials so people can see who you’ve worked with.
- Don’t be afraid to include case studies or success stories.
3. Put your prices online
It’s the easiest way to get people to know that this is for sale.
Publishing your prices online is not tacky, it’s not pushy – it’s necessary.
Once someone has seen your prices they will come to you to for help and you won’t have to sell them because they already have the “How much?” questioned answered.
(Obviously you’ll always get someone asking for a discount but then it’s up to you if you want to drop your pants on the price!)