If you are looking for inspiration to blog look no further.
Now, this is for anyone who is blogging for business – yes, you need to make the distinction before you read on.
If I had a penny for every time I heard someone say “I need to be inspired to write my blog” I’d be a rich woman.
Waiting for the hand of inspiration to come down and slap you on the butt to write will get you nowhere.
To quote my favourite artist ever:
Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working – Pablo Picasso
If you are blogging for business your blogging efforts are called work, not play.
The idea of blogging for business is about creating valuable content to attract customers. END OF.
KNOW the difference.
The dangers of waiting for inspiration
Waiting to be inspired is a dangerous place to be. Here’s why:
- You run the risk of being reactive and off-topic.
- You lack a clear plan for your businesses direction.
- You are unsure of your product and/or service offerings.
- Your content creation will be disjointed and lack the momentum needed to create a loyal following.
How to find inspiration to blog
Remember what Picasso said, inspiration is there but you have to be working for it to find you.
Yes, working, not playing.
So, here are some tips to help inspiration to blog (and I recommend pen and paper for this exercise).
- Take a hard look at your business: what you do, who you serve, and what problems you solve?
- Write down the main questions your customers ask you.
- Think about what you want to achieve with your blogging efforts; attract customers, raise your profile, etc.
- Identify any aspects of your business that is relevant to the customer but not recorded on your website/blog.
- Look at what your current clients are struggling with, or requesting.
If you spend some time going through the questions above and answering them honestly you should be able to get a good collection of topics written up.
Think how posts relate to each other.
As you write you will become inspired and the rest will happen.
Remember: if you are blogging for business you should never run out of topics.
If you can’t talk about your products and/or services then you can bet either your competition will do it for you.
Or you need to readress your business model.
Now, get back to work!
If you need some help with finding topics to get you started, subscribe in the box below and you can send me ANY question you have about marketing your business.
Loved this? Comment, love, share, SUBSCRIBE (Bright pink box below)!!!!
Hated this? (seriously?) Let me know why!